Chikozan Park in Sayama is a nice place for a family day out with toddlers. It has a small zoo, with the unique feature of fodder dispensing vending machines (pictured above). It has a lovely walkway through a wooded marsh. There are gardens beside a large open space. There are two playgrounds within the woods; an adventure playground and a general playground with swings, slides and climbing equipment. There is a lake designated for fishing. It is a lovely park in spring and the zoo looks particularly pretty with the cherry blossoms. We had our first hanami picnic at the zoo last week. Some photos after the information (specifically for the zoo) section below.
Chikozan Park ZOO information
ADDRESS: 864-1 Kashiwabara, Sayama City
CHARGES: Children under the age of 6 free. 50 yen for school age children and 200 yen for adults. Discounts available for a group of over 30 people. Parking is free. The fodder dispensing machines cost money. Horse riding is available at a charge.
FACILITIES / SERVICES:
- Some playground equipment in the large opening where the cherry blossom trees are
- It’s alright to bring your own food
- 5 buggies/strollers available to rent
- Nursing room
- 2 nappy changing areas within toilets
- There is a restaurant within Chikozan park, near the zoo
- There is a petting corner
- Cherry Blossoms at Kitamoto Children’s Park
- Hanami Spot with toddlers, Maruyama Park, Ageo
- Hanami spot with toddlers; Enomoto Farm, Ageo
© Lynda Hogan and Saitama With Kids, 2008-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Lynda Hogan and Saitama With Kids with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.