Fodder dispensing machine at Chikozan Park Zoo
Chikozan Park in Sayama is a nice place for a family day out with toddlers. It has a small zoo, with the unique feature of fodder dispensing vending machines (pictured above). It has a lovely walkway through a wooded marsh. There are gardens beside a large open space. There are two playgrounds within the woods; an adventure playground and a general playground with swings, slides and climbing equipment. There is a lake designated for fishing. It is a lovely park in spring and the zoo looks particularly pretty with the cherry blossoms. We had our first hanami picnic at the zoo last week. Some photos after the information (specifically for the zoo) section below.
Feeding the goats at Chikozan Park Children’s Zoo
Chikozan Park ZOO information
864-1 Kashiwabara, Sayama City
Children under the age of 6 free. 50 yen for school age children and 200 yen for adults. Discounts available for a group of over 30 people. Parking is free. The fodder dispensing machines cost money. Horse riding is available at a charge.
FACILITIES / SERVICES:
- Some playground equipment in the large opening where the cherry blossom trees are
- It’s alright to bring your own food
- 5 buggies/strollers available to rent
- Nursing room
- 2 nappy changing areas within toilets
- There is a restaurant within Chikozan park, near the zoo
- There is a petting corner