Winter Illumination at Keyaki Hiroba
Every year Keyaki Hiroba at Saitama Shintoshin has winter illumination. The theme and name of the illumination changes each year. But for the last few years Keyaki Hiroba’s winter illumination has remained one of the most popular in Saitama. Update 2018: This year the theme is “carnival magic box”. About 150 trees are decorated in blue, white and champagne gold lights. This year they have increased the number of lights to 500,000. The illumination will be set to music.
Each year they also have a switch on event with special guests and live performances.
You can find up-to-date information annually on Saitama With Kids Event Calendar:
There are a number of other events running in conjunction with this event. For example, the Keyaki Hiroba Christmas Market that starts annually from November 25th. Also, there will be Christmas concerts on the 16th and 17th of December. You can also enjoy Christmas concerts on the 3 main days of Christmas in Japan: December 23rd to 25th.
Winter Illumination at Keyaki Hiroba Access
Place: The area of keyabi hiroba which is between Saitama Shintoshin and Saitama super arena
Hours: 5 pm to midnightPrice: Free
Parking: 400 yen for the 1st hour, 200 yen for each subsequent half hour. If you spend over 2,000 yen you get 2 hours free.
Address: 2-27 Kamiochiai, Chuo Ward, Saitama City 338-001
Access: 2 minute walk from JR Saitama shintoshin Station, about a 7 minute walk from JR Kitayono Station
Blue Light Symphony display in 2013 From the official website
- This weekend in Saitama February 16th and 17th
- Kawagoe Styrofoam Art 2019
- Afternoon tea, Kawagoe Prince Hotel
- Hanazono Roadside Station | FUKAYA
- This weekend in Saitama February 9th and 10th
- Fireflies and White Tigers at Tobu Zoo | MIYASHIRO
- Only in Saitama: Chukaman Museum | IRUMA
- Yorii Little Prince Parking Area | FUKAYA
- Time slip Onihei Edo-dokoro Parking Area | HANYU
- Toyama Memorial Museum | KAWAJIMA