BRIEF UPDATE 2016: “Books and cafe” has undergone some changes and it is no longer free in for just playing. If you just want to eat there, there is no cover charge. If you want to just play: you can get a ticket that allows you entry to both this play area and other play equipment.
There is a lovely cafe in the Tokinosumika resort, aptly called “Books & Cafe”! It’s one of my favourite spaces actually, due to the ambience and the earthly vibe of the wooden structure. It’s a nice place to relax over a coffee and a book.
Nowadays, I enjoy it on our annual visits as it is also an interesting space for children. There is a wooden ball pool that babies and toddlers enjoy as well as wooden toys for toddlers and young children.
There are books too for people of all ages. The cafe and the book area are slightly separate, so you can hang out in the “books” part without eating. They’ve a great selection of photo books as well as a good selection of kids books. There are seats, benches and cubby holes in the book area.
Opening hours: 10.00-19.00
More information on the Tokinosumika resort:
You can find access and other pertinent information for the Tokinosumika resort, also known as Gotemba Kogen, on this blog:
- Cafe Terrace Lodgi | KAWAGOE
- Kawagoe Styrofoam Art 2019
- Afternoon tea, Kawagoe Prince Hotel
- Saitama Norin Park | FUKAYA
- Isanuma Park | Kawagoe
- WHITE SANTA｜IKSPIARI CHRISTMAS TOWN
- Chic Cafe with garden and kids glamping play area | HIGASHIMATSUYAMA
- Meiji Chocolate Factory Tour | SAKADO
- Visiting Totoro at the house of Kurosuke | TOKOROZAWA
- Perfect for the rainy season; baths and play area in You Park | OGOSE