Swimming School Saitama: Beautiful cherry trees + cleanest pool water in the prefecture!Higashimatsuyama Swimming School Saitama – When we were starting our oldest in swimming classes we looked at a number of pools in the Ageo – Kawagoe – Hiki district – Higashimatsuyama area of Saitama. We settled on one of the swimming schools in Higashimatsuyama. There are two with the same name: “Higashimatsuyama Swimming School”. The one we attended is easy to recognise from its brightly coloured detached building with a rainbow motif.
Higashimatsuyama Swimming School SaitamaThe reason we chose this school over the others is threefold:
- The building is a bright, airy building with lots of windows and natural light. The high ceilings and glass walls on 2 sides with the large rainbow motif in the center wall do a lot to calm the most nervous of children and creates a comfortable setting for them. The changing rooms are also colourful . The Higashimatsuyama Swimming School has a sauna in the women’s changing rooms so that the kids can keep warm while they change. There are lockers with keys and open lockers for storing your belongings. You can use a hairdryer as they have ports for them, but you need to bring your own. The school buses are also brightly painted with a rainbow on the side.
- Higashimatsuyama Swimming School Saitama claim the water is the cleanest in Saitama and it is not disputed. In our experience it is very clean and the kids never picked up any water related skin conditions. The changing rooms, the upstairs viewing area and toilets on both floors are very clean and well maintained.
- My kids really loved it here, whereas other swimming pools we went to they weren’t keen. The front desk staff aren’t overly friendly, but they are courteous and professional. Most of the coaches are very nice, helpful and personable. None of the front desk staff speak English and everything is conducted in Japanese, but one of the coaches speaks a little English. There is a higher number of administration staff here than in other schools we’ve been too.
Downside of Higashimatsuyama Swimming School SaitamaMy main complaint about this swimming school, is (that bar the very 1st level) there are 8 kids to 1 teacher in the preschool class, which I think is too much for young beginners. For the very first level there is 4 or 5 to a teacher. In the elementary school age group there are even more. It averages about 12 to one instructor. Depending on the instructor sometimes kids spend almost as much time out of water as they do in it. The pool opens Monday to Saturday for classes. The classes are at set times depending on age group. There are 2 periods for preschoolers and 2 for primary school aged children. Children of school going age can sign up to use the swimming school bus, for a fee. There is no public bus stop near the school. By car: it is off route 407. There is plenty of free parking. One of the car parks is beside the school’s lake with beautiful cherry blossom trees.
Cherry Blossoms at Higashimatsuyama Swimming School
There is a lake beside the swimming school with stunning cherry trees on all four sides. The trees are quite mature and really magnificent. One of my all time favourite cherry trees is in this small lake area beside the school. The swimming school’s car park is right by one side of the lake. You often see people parking there just to roam around the lake and admire the cherry blossoms. While the area might not be worth a trip to all by itself, it is a nice place to stop off on your way to or from Yakyu Inari which is 5 minutes up the road in the car.
Yakyu Inari Shrine, the Baseball Shrine| Higashimatsuyama
Yakyu Inari Shrine is located in Higashimatsuyama, Saitama, just 1 hour and 10 minutes from Ikebukuro on the Tobu Tojo line.Â It is one of many shrines to the God Inari. However, what makes it specâ¦
- Kitchen Cafe Cranbon | HIGASHIMATSUYAMA
- Garden and Cafe Prunus | HIGASHIMATSUYAMA
- Stunning Monomiyama Park | Higashimatsuyama
- Shoboji’s Legendary Gingko Tree | Higashimatsuyama
- Chic Cafe with garden and kids glamping play area | HIGASHIMATSUYAMA
- CLOSED Fun for kids of all ages at Kid’s US Land | HIGASHIMATSUYAMA
- Cherry blossoms and Swimming School | HIGASHIMATSUYAMA
- Aruzo Land: Free play center in a Real Estate Agency | HIGASHIMATSUYAMA
- Shidax Karaoke with kids | VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- A fun and educational summer drive | Higashimatsuyama Hatoyama