Find out what’s on in Saitama this weekend with the best Saitama event list on the web. If its on in Saitama, its on insaitama.com!
Please see the grey “details box” at the bottom of each individual event for dates, hours, prices, location and external links.
- This event has passed.
Angyo Autumn Bonsai Exhibition and Greenery Festival | KAWAGUCHI
October 12, 2019 @ 09:00 - October 14, 2019 @ 17:00Free
Angyo Autumn Bonsai Exhibition and Greenery Festival in Kawaguchi Ryokka Center.
The 88th annual Angyo autumn bonsai exhibition will be held in Kawaguchi from Saturday the 12th of October until bank holiday Monday the 14th of October 2019. Angyo is a bonsai town on the border of Tokyo.
《Kawaguchi Ryokka Center》
- Over 770 varieties 35,000 items (young trees, potted plants, flowers) and a wide range of gardening materials will be on sale.
- Grand Bonsai Exhibition (3rd floor )
A collection of 50 world class Bonsai specially on exhibition
- Sale of various Bonsai trees and Bonsai tools (1st floor atrium)
- Green Stage (1st floor atrium)
- Bonsai demonstration : 10th(Mon) 11AM
- Koto performance : 9th(Sun) 10:30AM, 2PM
- tea ceremony experience :(5th floor): 8th (Sat) 9:30AM – 3PM
- Gardening consultation : 8th(Sat) – 10th(Mon) 10AM – 4PM
《Kawaguchi Municipal Plant Trade Center and Dome》
- Plants and gardening materials on sale
- fresh vegetables, curry and rice and other foods on sale
- Refreshment booth
- Stage Events (inside dome)
- Chorus performance : 8th(Sat) 10:45AM – 11:15AM
- Tax quiz : 8th(Sat) / 10th(Mon) 11:30AM – 12, 2PM – 2:30PM
- Let’s play with “Jurian” : 8th(Sat) 1:15PM – 1:45PM
- Angyo higashi J.H.S. brass band club concert : 8th(Sat) 2:45PM – 3:15PM
- jazz performance : 9th(Sun) 10:45AM – 11:15, 2:30PM – 3:00PM
- Flower and plant auction : 9th(Sun) 1:15PM – 2:15PM
- Angyo higashi E.S. music club concert : 10th(Mon) 10:45AM – 11:15AM
- Hula performance : 10th(Mon) 1:15PM – 2:15PM, 2:45PM – 3:15PM
- Saitama Railway promotion booth
- Kawaguchi Corporation Association Fifth Branch Office promotion booth
Bonsai Exhibition Access
(By train and shuttle bus)
10 min. via free shuttle bus, departing from exit 3 of Tozuka-angyo Station on the Saitama Railway Line (accessible by direct through service trains from the Tokyo Metro Namboku Line)* Shuttle bus will be departing from Tozuka-angyo Station every 30min, starting at 9:30AM
From the Araijuku exit of the Metropolitan Expressway, approx. 4 km via National Highway 298
There is another “green” festival on the same weekend in Kawaguchi, the Kawaguchi Green Festival, that is extremely child friendly. You can find even more seasonal and other events in Saitama this weekend in the Saitama event pages.
The information was, to the best of my knowledge, accurate and up-to-date at the time of posting.
Events by their very nature are tentative. Please do check with the official sources for any last minute changes due to weather or other mitigating factors.