You are now in the events section of insaitama.com. The events section is a way to quickly and easily share upcoming events in Saitama . Please see the grey “details box” at the bottom of each individual event for dates, hours, prices, location and links. Where possible, I have either provided more information in the post or linked to further information externally. Thank you for reading.
- This event has passed.
Halloween Walk and Film Festival | HIGASHIMATSUYAMA
October 28, 2017 @ 14:00 - 18:00
Halloween Higashimatsuyama – Organised by a Non Profit Organisation, the Halloween walk in Higashimatsuyama is a free family event. It is a proper Trick or Treat event. Each year they have a number of events in conjunction with the walk, such as face painting and stage events. This year the system has changed slightly and the event is twice as long as previous years. They have added a film festival to the line up.
You can apply online now in both ENGLISH and SPANISH to particpate in Halloween Higashimatsuyama. They require you fill out some basic information for Insurance purposes. Here are the conditions from their English webpage:
* Mandatory Rules 1. Participants have to be the combination of either parents or guardians and their children. Due to maintaining safety and morals, we will not allow any children under the age of elementary school without their parent or guardian to participate the event. 2. We will provide you the participation certificate and the map of the participant stores in exchange for its application form at the reception desk. Adults and children must be together at all times when they show its certificate at stores. Otherwise, they won’t be able to receive any sweets or candy from them.
3. The code for receiving confections is “Trick or Treat!” and please do not forget to say “Thank you” afterwards.
4. Because treatments are limited, there is a case that you will not get candy. 5. Please do not attain confections twice or more at the same store. We want all of children to receive sweets or candy as much as possible.
6. Please heed traffic regulations for your safety and walk on the sidewalks all the time except pedestrian zones. Also, always cross at a pedestrian crossing.
Halloween Higashimatsuyama Schedule
1.30 pm Line-up
2.00 pm Reception opens at both Maruhiro Higashimatsuyama and Yakyu Inari Shrine.
2 ~ 3 pm Halloween Walk
2.30 ~ 4 pm Film Festival at Yakyu Inari Hall
Pio Park Stage
2.30 ~ 3 pm Stage at Mori Gakkuen JHS
3.15 ~ 3.45 Rhythm Exercise at Saitama Heisei JHS
4 ~ 4.30 Magic Show
2.20 ~ 2.30 Dance Team
2.30 ~ 2.50 Kids Joy Dance Stage
3~ 3.45 Music Performance
4,00 ~ 4.45 Halloween Walk Fashion Show
*There is also face painting in the car park and Food vans, both of which cost money
Saishin Parking Area
2 ~ 4.30 Fire Engine and Patrol bikes and cars
As per the rules outlined above, they request you say “Trick or Treat” in the participating stores in order to receive a candy. This year they have increased the number of shops participating in the trick or treat. The shops participating are around the areas of the West exit of Higashimatsuyama station around Yakyu machi shopping area, and from the East exit of that station up to the city hall. You are given a map upon registering for the event.
Official Website and map in the grey details box below the related events. Inquires can also be made in Japanese to the City Hall by phone: 0493-21-1427
This event appeared on the blog segment of insaitama.com until 2016 when it was moved to the events section.
More Halloween events in Saitama
There are even more Halloween events on the main calendar too.
You might also like
- Skiing with kids – White World Oze Iwakura | GUNMA
White World Oze Iwakura, GUNMA
Oze Iwakura is one of the biggest ski areas ...
- New Year Countdown Events Japan 2017 ➡ 2018 | Tokyo
New Year Countdown Events 2018 – New Year’s has become a popular time for overseas ...
- The Santa Round Up 2017 | TOCHIGI
Santa Tochigi – I have saved the best for last! Tochigi, specifically Nasu, is my ...
- The Santa Round-Up 2017 | KANAGAWA
Santa Kanagawa – Thank you for your patience. At this stage, the objective is dissemination ...
- The Santa Round Up 2017 | IBARAKI
Santa Ibaraki – Places you can visit Santa Claus in Ibaraki in Winter 2017. Unfortunately, ...
© Lynda Hogan and Saitama With Kids, 2008-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Lynda Hogan and Saitama With Kids with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.