Find out what’s on in Saitama this weekend with the best Saitama event list on the web. If its on in Saitama, its on insaitama.com!
Please see the grey “details box” at the bottom of each individual event for dates, hours, prices, location and external links.
Happy Spring Park @ Shinrin Park | NAMEGAWA
March 16, 2019 @ 10:00 – March 17, 2019 @ 16:00
Happy Spring Park – Shinrin Park is Saitama’s largest and arguably best park. However, it is also one of the few that charge you to enter. Most of their activities cost extra too. It was Japan’s first national park, constructed as part of a Meiji centennial project. It’s official name is Musashi Kyuryo National Government Park.
Their festivals are amazing. We have been to many over the years and have been able to try a multitude of different activities thanks to it. The park has a seven week long “spring festival” annually. As part of that “spring festival” they have a “happy spring park” each year in the middle of March. This year, 2019, the dates are March 16th and 17th.
Some of the activities on offer for this special fair include:
- Bungee Trampoline
- Outdoor cooking
- Electronic unicycles
- Climbing Wall
- Live music
- … and much much more
A lot of the events at Happy Spring Park incur charges on top of the entry fee into the park. Treeing costs 1000 yen per person (from 4 years of age), the bungee swing also costs 1000 yen for just 2 minutes (from 2 years of age), the bouldering wall is 500 yen for the day etc
You will find more seasonal events at Shinrin Park on the main events calendar page.
- Only in Saitama: Chukaman Museum | IRUMA
- Tokorozawa Aviation Museum | TOKOROZAWA
- Only in Japan: the Tokorozawa Santa parade
- Meiji Chocolate Factory Tour | SAKADO
- 13 things to do in Saitama this October
- Rice Field Art and Ancient Lotus: Kodai Hasu No Sato | GYODA
- Tokorozawa Aviation Memorial Park | TOKOROZAWA
- Visiting Totoro at the house of Kurosuke | TOKOROZAWA
- Plum Blossoms at Shinrin Park | NAMEGAWA
- The local outdoor seasonal pool | SAKADO