Find out what’s on in Saitama this weekend with the best Saitama event list on the web. If its on in Saitama, its on insaitama.com!
Please see the grey “details box” at the bottom of each individual event for dates, hours, prices, location and external links.
Horse riding experience | OGANO
April 14, 2019 @ 10:00 – 15:00
Horse riding experience Midori No Mura ~ Midori no Mura have a number of events during the year. One of their regular events offers children the chance to meet and/or ride a horse or pony. It is one of only a handful of public places that regularly have ponies or horses visit to give children an opportunity for “fureai” interaction.
Just meeting and petting the horse is free, but you can also ride the horse for a nominal fee of 500 yen. As it is a horse rather than a pony only children over six years old can ride alone. Children under six need to ride with an adult. In that situation the price is 800 yen for the pair.
The next horse riding experience event at Midori No Mura is on April 14th. The event is on from 10 am to 3 pm.
Midori No Mura is a nice little park with other points of interest for children in this park, including a wading pool and an athletic playground. There is a lovely cafe on the grounds. And there are two different types of accommodation there of which we’ve stayed in the spacious and reasonably priced log cabins:
For more events in Saitama please see the main event pages.
- This weekend in Saitama February 9th and 10th
- Only in Saitama: unusual Komainu
- The freak show that is Hodosan Zoo | NAGATORO
- Nagatoro’s Hodosan Ropeway | CHICHIBU
- 12 things to do in Saitama this February
- 10 famous places for “Hatsumode” in Saitama
- Fireflies in their natural habitat | CHICHIBU
- Kita Sakura Street and other famous Nagatoro cherry blossoms | NAGATORO
- Midori No Mura: Remote Retreat, Park and Log cabins | OGANO
- Steam Locomotive Paleo Express | KUMAGAYA TO CHICHIBU