You are now in the events section of insaitama.com. The events section is a way to quickly and easily share upcoming events in Saitama . Please see the grey “details box” at the bottom of each individual event for dates, hours, prices, location and links. Where possible, I have either provided more information in the post or linked to further information externally. Thank you for reading.
- This event has passed.
Kawagoe Remix | KAWAGOE
November 2, 2017 @ 13:00 - November 5, 2017 @ 20:00
Kawagoe Remix – A couple of years ago we serendipitously visited this festival on the main tourist street, Ichibangai, in Kawagoe. The festival is a mix of art, music and food appreciation. In previous years Ichibangai was pedestrianised for the days of the festival. However, in previous years the festival was only for 2 days: Saturday and Sunday. This year the festival is four days long for the first time. The area will be pedestrianised on the weekend as some of the light installations and some art are displayed in the centre of the street and in the rest areas. They turn the lights on in the installations from 5 pm. They have live music throughout the day and night in various locations in the area. A number of restaurants participate in the Kawagoe Remix food fair discount booklet. You can purchase a booklet of tickets that allows you discounted meals in participating restaurants.
The layout for the live music has also changed. Last year there were many different areas with different performances and it was quite convoluted. This year they are concentrating the performances to in front of Kumano shrine.
In 2015 when we first visited it wasn’t too crowded, but there was a great atmosphere accentuated by the illuminated installations and live music. The kids really enjoyed the light up and a few street performers that were entertaining people. We also got handed a few freebies on the street. Getting home was difficult though as traffic and public transport had been disrupted, but other than that it was a great evening out.
Inquires by phone to: 049-227-8233
Official site linked in the details section below.
Kawagoe Remix Access:
About a 15 minute walk from Tobu Tojo Line Kawagoe Station.
Approximately an 11 minute walk from Tobu Tojo Line Kawagoe Shi Station.
Approximately an 9 minute walk from Hon-Kawagoe Station.
Points of Interest in Kawagoe
- Even toddlers can climb at Sports Authority | KAWAGOE
- Small branch of Kid’s US Land near station | KAWAGOE
- Su Lab, the Kendama Cafe and Shop | KAWAGOE
- Monolith: Bouldering gym with kids wall | KAWAGOE
- Must visit shop and foot spa cafe “Tsubaki No Kura” | KAWAGOE
- Free Shoyu Factory Tour & Cafe Kura at Matsumoto Soy Sauce | KAWAGOE
- Fun shopping and Festival Hotspot: Maruhiro | KAWAGOE
- Hatsuneya Garden Cafe【from Google Maps & City-Cost Reviews】 | KAWAGOE
- Setsubun: catching beans for good luck at Kitain Temple | KAWAGOE
- Naritasan Temple (& Rilakkuma amulets) | KAWAGOE
- Shishimai Lion Dance at New Year’s | KAWAGOE
- Fuku Daruma / Daruma Market | KAWAGOE & TAKASAKI 【GUNMA】
- Shidax Karaoke with kids | VARIOUS LOCATIONS
- Last day of summer food treats, dentist and cat cafe | KAWAGOE
- The local guide to cafes in Kawagoe: Part ①
You might also like
- Saitama Cherry Blossoms: most famous Spots | SAITAMA PREFECTURE
Saitama Cherry Blossoms – Hanami and cherry blossom season is upon us. It is one ...
- Kita Sakura Street and other famous Nagatoro cherry blossoms | NAGATORO
Nagatoro Cherry Blossoms – Nagatoro is easily one of Saitama’s most beautiful locations. It enjoys tourists ...
- Only one in the world: Saitama’s famous cherry blossom | KITAMOTO
Saitama’s Kabazakura –
Last year (2017) we ...
- Plum Blossoms at Shinrin Park | NAMEGAWA
Mini Post – Plum Blossoms Shinrin Park
© Lynda Hogan and Saitama With Kids, 2008-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Lynda Hogan and Saitama With Kids with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Unless stated otherwise, all thoughts, opinions and images on this blog are my own. I do not receive any remuneration, discounts or rewards, acknowledgement or gratification, from any of the locations mentioned on this blog. I share the information in the hope it is useful or beneficial to others. Please share so that others might find it useful too. Thank you.