Find out what’s on in Saitama this weekend with the best Saitama event list on the web. If its on in Saitama, its on insaitama.com!
Please see the grey “details box” at the bottom of each individual event for dates, hours, prices, location and external links.
- This event has passed.
Kawagoe Remix | KAWAGOE
September 8 @ 13:00 - September 9 @ 20:00
Kawagoe Remix – A couple of years ago we serendipitously visited this festival on the main tourist street, Ichibangai, in Kawagoe. That year and for the last few years the festival was held in November. This is the first year that it is being held in September.
The festival is a mix of art, music and food appreciation. The area will be pedestrianized for most of the weekend as some of the light installations and some art are displayed in the center of the main tourist street in Ichibangai (see map below). Some of the famous buildings are illuminated for the occasion too. There are usually light displays and illumination in the rest areas too. They turn the lights on in the installations from 5 pm.
They have live music throughout the day and night in various locations in the area. A number of restaurants participate in the Kawagoe Remix food fair discount booklet. You can purchase a booklet of tickets that allows you discounted meals in participating restaurants.
—Happy Infusion of Food, Sound and Light
The layout for the live music has also changed, back to the way it was two years ago. Last year the music was concentrated to in front of Kumano shrine, which made it very easy, but it didn’t have the same atmosphere. This year they’ve gone back to the more convoluted system, but at least it disperses the crowds and allows you to take in different ambiances.
In 2015 when we first visited it wasn’t too crowded, but there was a great atmosphere accentuated by the illuminated installations and live music. The kids really enjoyed the light up and a few street performers that were entertaining people. We also got handed a few freebies on the street. Getting home was difficult though as traffic and public transport had been disrupted, but other than that it was a great evening out.
Inquires by phone to: 049-227-8233
Official site linked in the details section below.
Kawagoe Remix Access:
About a 15 minute walk from Tobu Tojo Line Kawagoe Station.
Approximately an 11 minute walk from Tobu Tojo Line Kawagoe Shi Station.
Approximately an 9 minute walk from Hon-Kawagoe Station.
Points of Interest in Kawagoe
- Protection Cat Cafe Neko Katsu | KAWAGOE
- Isanuma Park | Kawagoe
- Newly opened Trampoline Airjoy | KAWAGOE
- Kawagoe 3D Trick Art Museum | KAWAGOE
- Ishihara Mokkokan – cafe and retro showroom | KAWAGOE
- Even toddlers can climb at Sports Authority | KAWAGOE
- CLOSED Small branch of Kid’s US Land near station | KAWAGOE
- Su Lab, the Kendama Cafe and Shop | KAWAGOE
- Monolith: Bouldering gym with kids wall | KAWAGOE
- Must visit shop and foot spa cafe “Tsubaki No Kura” | KAWAGOE
- Free Shoyu Factory Tour & Cafe Kura at Matsumoto Soy Sauce | KAWAGOE
- Fun shopping and Festival Hotspot: Maruhiro | KAWAGOE
- Hatsuneya Garden Cafe【from Google Maps & City-Cost Reviews】 | KAWAGOE
- Setsubun: catching beans for good luck at Kitain Temple | KAWAGOE
- Naritasan Temple (& Rilakkuma amulets) | KAWAGOE