Find out what’s on in Saitama this weekend with the best Saitama event list on the web. If its on in Saitama, its on insaitama.com!
Please see the grey “details box” at the bottom of each individual event for dates, hours, prices, location and external links.
Kumagaya Cherry Blossom Festival | KUMAGAYA
March 25, 2019 @ 08:00 – April 7, 2019 @ 17:00
The Kumagaya Cherry Blossoms with rapeseed flowers along the riverbank is one of Saitama’s famous images. The cherry blossom there have been celebrated since the Edo period and the area is listed as one of Japan’s top 100 cherry blossom viewing spots.
The sakura of Kumagaya are well renowned as one of the best places to enjoy “sakura matsuri” (cherry blossom festival) in Saitama. There are about 500 Yoshino cherry blossom trees along 2 kilometers of riverbank. During the period of the Kumagaya Cherry blossom festival the trees are lit up at night.
Kumagaya Cherry Blossom Festival Information
Dates: Monday March 25th until Sunday April 7th 2019
Light up: From 6 pm to 9 pm
Festival stalls: Approximately 50
Entrance Fee: NONE
Access: By train it is close to both the JR Kumagaya and Chichibu Railway stations. By car it is about 30 minute drive from the Higashimatsuyama Interchange of the Kanetsu expressway.
Parking: It is advised to come by public transport, but there is a temporary car park. In previous years it has been free, but that has yet to be confirmed for this year.
Other events in Kumagaya during the cherry blossom season:
Hiking from the station
Awaiting 2019 information. 2018 details here.
Kumagaya Sakura Yosakoi
Awaiting 2019 information. More information to come on the official site soon: Kumagaya Sakura Yosakoi
- Yanasegawa Cherry Blossoms | SHIKI
- Hanazono Roadside Station | FUKAYA
- Yorii Little Prince Parking Area | FUKAYA
- Saitama Norin Park | FUKAYA
- Cherry Blossoms and Splash pool | TSURUGASHIMA
- Great playground in Beppunuma Park| KUMAGAYA
- 10 famous places for “Hatsumode” in Saitama
- The Parks and Playgrounds of Saitama
- Only one in the world: Saitama’s famous cherry blossom | KITAMOTO
- >60 Privately Run Indoor Play / Fun / Amusement Centers in Saitama