Find out what’s on in Saitama this weekend with the best Saitama event list on the web. If its on in Saitama, its on insaitama.com!
Please see the grey “details box” at the bottom of each individual event for dates, hours, prices, location and external links.
Musenyama Sakura Festival | INA TOWN
March 23, 2019 @ 08:00 – April 7, 2019 @ 17:00
Musenyama, also known as the KDDI Forest, is a greenery trust in Ina Town. There are approximately 100 large sized (roughly 10 metres tall) cherry blossom trees, all about 70 years old.
The 2019 cherry blossom period in Musenyama is from Saturday March 23rd until Sunday April 7th from 10 am to 8 pm on dry days. The cherry blossoms are lit up at night from 6 pm. The festival and the light up are not on when it is raining.
During the period you can picnic under the trees. There are two days within this period when there is a proper full on festival with food stalls and live entertainment. This year, 2019, those dates are March 30th and 31st.
March 30th and 31st
On March 30th and 31st the Ina town mascots will visit the Musenyama festival at 10.30 am and again at 1.30 pm. From 11 am you can enjoy taiko drums – such a magnificent scene: taiko drums back dropped by cherry blossoms. There is a yosakoi performance on Saturday March 30th from noon. On Sunday there are more dance and music performances scheduled for between 11 am and 3 pm and the town mascots will once again visit.
The nearest station is Uchijuku station on the New Shuttle line. It is about an 8 minute walk from the KDDI Musenyama forest.
Parking is available. It costs 300 yen.
Featured image from the official park website, linked below.
For more sakura and spring events in Saitama, please see the main event pages.
Ina Tourist Association
- Yanasegawa Cherry Blossoms | SHIKI
- Cherry Blossoms and Splash pool | TSURUGASHIMA
- Great playground in Beppunuma Park| KUMAGAYA
- Only one in the world: Saitama’s famous cherry blossom | KITAMOTO
- A map of Sakura Cherry Blossom Locations | SAITAMA
- Sayama Municipal Museum, Inariyama Park and Kome To Cha Cafe | SAYAMA
- Summer in Isanuma Park | Kawagoe
- Cherry Blossoms at Isanuma Park | Kawagoe
- Hidaka Sougou Park | HIDAKA
- Cherry blossom festival at Kitain Temple