Find out what’s on in Saitama this weekend with the best Saitama event list on the web. If its on in Saitama, its on insaitama.com!
Please see the grey “details box” at the bottom of each individual event for dates, hours, prices, location and external links.
- This event has passed.
Ogose Plum Blossom Festival
February 16, 2019 @ 08:30 – March 21, 2019 @ 16:00
Ogose Plum Blossom Festival – The Ogose Bairin Plum Tree Festival in Ogose Town, Saitama is considered one of the three big plum blossom festivals in the Kanto region. This year (2019) it will run from February 16th until March 21st. Early March is generally considered the best time to see the blossoms.
In previous years the plum grove opened until 5 pm, but this year it will only open until 4 pm.
For the duration of the festival a mini steam locomotive will run through the plum blossoms, on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays only. You can ride the steam locomotive between the hours of 10 am and 3 pm. It costs 200 yen per person from 2 years old up (children under two go free).
There is also live entertainment on the weekends. And the Ogose Town Mascot Umerin usually pops in for a visit. There is a small market in the park and you can buy plum blossom trees and bonsai.
Plum blossoms Ogose official event URL, map and cost in the details box at bottom of post. You can read more about visiting the plum blossom forest in English here:
Other places you can ride a mini steam locomotive in Saitama:
Or indeed a real life sized one!:
Ogose Plum Blossom Festival Access
The plum blossom grove is a 40 minute walk or you can get a bus from Ogose Station on the Hachiko Line.
Parking is 500 yen for cars, 800 yen for mini buses and 1,200 yen for large buses.
Other events in Saitama in February include:
- Visiting Ogose Bairin | OGOSE
- Only in Saitama: Chukaman Museum | IRUMA
- Tokorozawa Aviation Museum | TOKOROZAWA
- Only in Japan: the Tokorozawa Santa parade
- Meiji Chocolate Factory Tour | SAKADO
- 13 things to do in Saitama this October
- Tokorozawa Aviation Memorial Park | TOKOROZAWA
- Visiting Totoro at the house of Kurosuke | TOKOROZAWA
- The local outdoor seasonal pool | SAKADO
- The Homeland of Totoro on Tokyo Border @ Sayama Hills | TOKOROZAWA