Find out what’s on in Saitama this weekend with the best Saitama event list on the web. If its on in Saitama, its on insaitama.com!
Please see the grey “details box” at the bottom of each individual event for dates, hours, prices, location and external links.
- This event has passed.
Sports Festival 2018 Kumagaya Sports Culture Park | KUMAGAYA
May 27, 2018 @ 10:00 - 15:00
Kumagaya Sports Culture Park Sports FestivalHowever, this year’s May sports festival in Kumagaya Sports Culture Park is for once more about the Olympics than the rugby. The park is one of the host stadiums of the 2019 world cup rugby games and hence they have a lot of rugby related events. But this time they are offering the chance to try some Olympic sports too. For example; beam shooting, archery and golf. They will of course also have a rugby corner. There are some Olympians and Paraolympians in attendance on the day and there will be chances to either watch them at their sport, interact with them or both. Music and dance performances are also scheduled for the day, as is the appearance of some mascots. Food booths will also be available on the day in what the city has coined the “umaimon cup” :
Access Kumagaya Sports Culture ParkFrom the official parks website for Saitama
MAP in the grey details box at the very bottom of post. For more events in Saitama, please see the main events calendar.
Access by Public TransportNote: All routes start at Kumagaya Station, north exit.
Option 1: Board Inuzuka-bound bus at Kokusai Jūō Bus Stop #2. Disembark at Rikujō Kyōgijō Iriguchi.
- 7 min additional walk to Kumagaya Dome
- 3 min additional walk to track and field stadium
Option 2: Board Kuzuwada-bound bus at Kokusai Jūō Bus Stop #3. Disembark at Akagi Jinja-mae stop.
- 15 min additional walk to Kumagaya Dome
- 5 min additional walk to rugby ground
Option 3: Board Kumagaya Sports Bunka Kōen-bound bus at Kokusai Jūō Bus Stop #3. Disembark at Kumagaya Sports Bunka Kōen.
- 12 min additional walk to Kumagaya Dome
- 2 min additional walk to rugby ground
Option 4: Board Kumagaya Dome-bound bus at Kokusai Jūō Bus Stop #3. Disembark at Kumagaya Dome.
Additional buses run for major events. Timetable of additional buses departing Kumagaya station available at Kokusai Jūō Kōtsū homepage.
- No additional walk to Kumagaya Dome
- 4 min additional walk to track and field stadium
- 10 min additional walk to rugby ground
Parking/Access by Car
Parking1,400 parking spaces are available on-site. For major events, 1,400 additional parking spaces can be made available, for a total of 2,800 spaces. Charging stations for electric vehicles are available in parking lot P3 between 6:30 A.M. and 8:00 P.M.
DirectionsFrom National Route 17, Kumagaya Bypass: Approx. 700 m (0.4 miles) from Koizuka or Kaminokita intersection (See signage at intersection) From Kan-Etsu Expressway (option 1): Approx. 18 km (11 miles) from Higashimatsuyama Interchange towards Kumagaya on Kumagaya-Higashimatsuyama road From Kan-Etsu Expressway (option 2): Approx. 16 km (10 miles) from Hanazono Interchange towards Kumagaya on National Route 140 From Tohoku Expressway: Approx. 20 km (12 miles) from Hanyū Interchange towards Kumagaya on National Route 125
- Hanazono Roadside Station | FUKAYA
- Yorii Little Prince Parking Area | FUKAYA
- Saitama Norin Park | FUKAYA
- 10 famous places for “Hatsumode” in Saitama
- The Parks and Playgrounds of Saitama
- >60 Privately Run Indoor Play / Fun / Amusement Centers in Saitama
- Ofuro Cafe Bivouac | KUMAGAYA
- Fireworks and Festivals In Saitama August 6th 2016
- Summer Festivals in Saitama July 14th – 20th 2016
- Yorii Autumn Festival