Find out what’s on in Saitama this weekend with the best Saitama event list on the web. If its on in Saitama, its on insaitama.com!
Please see the grey “details box” at the bottom of each individual event for dates, hours, prices, location and external links.
- This event has passed.
Yorii Summer Festival | YORII
July 7, 2018 @ 16:00 - July 8, 2018 @ 17:00
Mikoshi at the Yorii Summer FestivalA mikoshi is a type of palanquin or portable shrine. They weigh tons taking dozens of people to work together to lift and carry them through the streets. You bear the weight on one shoulder while lifting with your hands. Bearers of the portable shrine generally wear a happi, hachimaki headband and tabi socks. At the Yorii Summer Festival they have the regular mikoshi parade as well as a mikoshi carried by women only and one for children too. There are six mikoshi in total.
Yorii Summer Festival TimesOn the Saturday the festival starts from about 4 pm. On Sunday it starts and ends earlier; 12.30 to about 5 pm.
Yorii Summer Festival AccessThe festival is held in the vicinity of the JR / Tobu Tojo / Chichibu railway’s Yorii Station. By car it is 10 minutes from the Hanazono exit of the Kanetsu Expressway. Map in the grey details box at the very bottom of the post. For more events in Saitama please see the main events calendar. Nearby: The excellent Museum of Rivers
- Hanazono Roadside Station | FUKAYA
- Yorii Little Prince Parking Area | FUKAYA
- Saitama Norin Park | FUKAYA
- 10 famous places for “Hatsumode” in Saitama
- The Parks and Playgrounds of Saitama
- >60 Privately Run Indoor Play / Fun / Amusement Centers in Saitama
- Ofuro Cafe Bivouac | KUMAGAYA
- Festivals in Saitama July 31st
- Shirakobato Water Park with Beach | KOSHIGAYA
- Summer pools at Saitama Water Park | AGEO