A comment by the lovely And Three To Go on my “These are brilliant” post , made me realize that Japan is not synonymous with being “family friendly “. Here in the Kanto plain* it definitely deserves that accolade. I have found living and travelling in Japan with young children to be very easy and efficient. Due to the number and standard of services and utilities provided for free in both public and private places, it is very easy to spend time out and about as a family, even with a newborn.
Pictured is one of many Baby rooms you can find in many locations throughout Japan. You can see the taps for washing your hands. Paper towels are provided for free. This particular room has two nursing booths, where you can feed your baby in private, if you wish to do so, by drawing over the curtain. If you are bottle feeding the note on the wall says that you can receive boiled water from the staff. Often these rooms have instant boiled water taps or a burco in them. I have found that the rooms are always spotless and well maintained.
I like that when we go out the door we know that wherever we end up there will, most likely, be some convenient family facilities available to us in our family friendly Japan. ????
*Kanto plain is the area around and including Tokyo. It is made up of the prefectures of Tokyo, Kanagawa (Yokohama), Chiba, Tochigi, Ibaraki, Gunma and Saitama.
- Afternoon tea, Kawagoe Prince Hotel
- Isanuma Park | Kawagoe
- WHITE SANTA｜IKSPIARI CHRISTMAS TOWN
- Setsubun: catching beans for good luck at Kitain Temple | KAWAGOE
- Halloween 2016 Event Round Up | CHIBA
- Fireworks and Festivals In Saitama August 6th 2016
- Priya the magical dog, killer hornets and stone grilled food |Kawagoe
- Water play and pedal cars at Hanasaki Water Park | KAZO
- Summer in Isanuma Park | Kawagoe
- Cherry Blossoms at Isanuma Park | Kawagoe