There isn’t a lot in the playground, but just enough for smaller children. It is best suited to toddlers and preschoolers. Equipment in Katsusehara memorial park includes spring rides and a climbing/slide combo piece. There is a sandpit too, which is a big hit. There are sinks beside the sandpit to wash your hands and it also doubles as a drinking fountain with a sprout at the top of the basin. In a separate area of the small park there is a flying fox which is popular with older children. Beside that is a roller slide which is also popular with older children, younger ones too. There is a large open space in the park, which is in the middle of a residential area, which is always in use for football, soccer, throwing ball etc. The park is very well maintained and it is a popular place to picnic.
Cherry Blossoms Tobu Tojo Line
It is also a popular park for locals to celebrate cherry blossom season and enjoy “hanami”. We too enjoyed many a hanami here, with our last ever at that park in spring of 2016, as my eldest has now outgrown this park. It is a particularly good spot for hanami if you are on the Tobu Tojo line and have small children. There aren’t a huge amount of sakura (cherry blossom) trees, but enough to enjoy hanami and they are very pretty, some more mature than others. They typically bloom the very end of March and early April. Katsusehara Memorial Park is beside a cheap supermarket which sells bento boxes and onigiri which you can bring to the park and eat. There is no official parking, some people park along the side of the road, but this is frowned upon. There is coin parking nearby. It is close to Tobu Tojo Line Fujimino station. It is open 24 hours. There are toilets in the park, right beside the enclosed playground.
- Katsusehara Memorial Park: enclosed playground close to station | FUJIMI
- Aruzo Land: Free play center in a Real Estate Agency | HIGASHIMATSUYAMA
- Naritasan Temple (& Rilakkuma amulets) | KAWAGOE
- Last day of summer food treats, dentist and cat cafe | KAWAGOE
- Kawagoe Station East Exit Children’s Centre | KAWAGOE
- Cherry Blossoms Shingashi River | Kawagoe
- Yakyu Inari Shrine, the Baseball Shrine| Higashimatsuyama
- Libro Books in Lalaport; a fun space for young kids | FUJIMI
- Place Review: Studio Cafe Zoo Adventure | FUJIMI
- Sole ソーレ children’s play centre | HIGASHIMATSUYAMA