Kona’s Coffee Kazo BranchThe menu and decor is standard of Kona’s Coffee in branches nationwide. The menu is bilingual: English and Japanese. Pancakes are their main staple, with lots of flavors, toppings and sides to opt from. They also have great burgers and drinks as well as a range of other food. And of course: coffee – real coffee!
There is always a queue at this branch, but it maybe that is because it is less than a month old. Although in my experience, the Kona’s in Saitama are rarely empty. They have a great service though that allows you leave your name and phone number rather than wait in store and they will ring you when your table is almost ready. You can sit at a table or at the bar counter. The left hand side of the shop as you come in the door is more decorative with dimmer lighting, while the right hand side isn’t as garnished and there is more light. There is a conservatory type area at the front of the left side, but no outside tables. The whole branch is non-smoking. There is a ladies bathroom with two toilets and a ladies / men unisex toilet. Plenty of parking around the restaurant and in the adjoining car parks for Viva Homes and a new development which seems to be a Gyomu. All parking is free. There are a few shops around the restaurant that you can visit while waiting and even a bowling alley in the same car park.
InformationHours: Monday to Friday 10 am to 10 pm, Saturday & Sunday 9 am to 10 pm. Last order 9 pm. Website: http://www.toridoll.com/shop/lanai-konas/ Phone number: 0480-65-8500 Access: (Map at bottom of post). Nearest station Hanasaki Station on the Tobu Isesaki Line. It is an approximate 30 minute walk to the station. You can also get a bus bound for Viva Home. Nearest exit on the highway is Kazo Interchange on the Tohoku Expressway.
NearbyThe excellent Kazo Hanasaki Park with summer seasonal pools, and unusual bikes all year round, is only 6 minutes away by car (half an hour walking): For more restaurants and coffee shops suitable with children in the Saitama area, please see the Cafe & Restaurant section.Access:
- New branch of Kona’s Coffee opens | KAZO
- Musashi No Mura Amusement Park | KAZO
- Visiting Totoro at the house of Kurosuke | TOKOROZAWA
- Fireflies in their natural habitat | CHICHIBU
- Fun packed and family friendly Nasunogahara Campsite and Park | TOCHIGI
- Forest adventure Ueno and Mahoba No Mori | GUNMA
- Get your Ninja on at Edo period amusement park | TOCHIGI
- Only one in the world: Saitama’s famous cherry blossom | KITAMOTO
- Steam Locomotive Paleo Express | KUMAGAYA TO CHICHIBU
- Mt Takao with children (includes New Years data) | HACHIOJI 【TOKYO】