Saitama Sakura 2018Saitama Sakura – Saitama may not be particularly well known for our cherry blossoms, but we still have plenty of places to enjoy cherry blossoms, cherry blossom festivals, events and Hanami. We also are home to one of Japan’s most famous cherry blossom trees.
CHERRY BLOSSOM FESTIVALSWe have a number of large and quality sakura / cherry blossom festivals in Saitama. Find a sakura or cherry blossom festival or event near you. There are locations all over Saitama. Some of the larger or more famous sakura matsuri (cherry blossom festival) are detailed in the events calendar of this blog… GO TO SAITAMA SAKURA EVENTS PAGE…
POPULAR CHERRY BLOSSOM EVENTS
🌸Cherry Blossom Boat Ride
There are a few places you can enjoy a boat ride under sakura in Saitama. One of the most popular events in recent years is the boat ride on the Shingashi River.
🌸Horseback Archery through the Cherry Blossoms
Ranzan has a number of events on during the cherry blossom season. The horseback archery show back-dropped by stunning sakura is one of the more unique events during this season:
🌸Cherry Blossom Fireworks
Ranzan is also one of the few places you can enjoy fireworks at this time of the year.
🌸Cherry Blossom Light Up
All of these are linked to further information in English. Click on the link to be brought to more detailed information for the cherry blossom light up events at these popular cherry blossom spots in Saitama.
MAP OF SAITAMA SAKURA LOCATIONSOver 80 of Saitama sakura / cherry blossom spots, hanami and sakura / cherry blossom locations mapped:
SAITAMA FAMOUS CHERRY BLOSSOM SPOTSIn this post, linked below, you can find information for the three sakura locations in Saitama listed in the official top 100 cherry blossom spot guide for Japan:
- Yanasegawa Cherry Blossoms | SHIKI
- Afternoon tea, Kawagoe Prince Hotel
- Cherry Blossoms and Splash pool | TSURUGASHIMA
- Great playground in Beppunuma Park| KUMAGAYA
- Only in Japan: the Tokorozawa Santa parade
- Isanuma Park | Kawagoe
- WHITE SANTA｜IKSPIARI CHRISTMAS TOWN
- Kita Sakura Street and other famous Nagatoro cherry blossoms | NAGATORO
- Only one in the world: Saitama’s famous cherry blossom | KITAMOTO
- Surprisingly interesting School Lunch History Hall | KITAMOTO