In the spirit of play-a-day, or basically trying something new everyday, I brought my daughters to a different prefectural paid and run Children’s Community Centre today. It had lots of fun things for the kids to do, but 2yo was most excited by the giant inflatable roller or zorb as I believe it’s called.
Sakado Play Centre Planetarium
This is at Sakado Children’s Community Centre. Sakado Children’s Community Centre is most famous for its planetarium. It’s 10 metre dome is part of Ohira Tech’s research facilities. They are conducting next generation application research which people can enjoy at Sakado before they become available elsewhere. We are saving the Planetarium for another visit when 3yo son can come.
Sakado Play Centre Facilities
Other facilities in the centre include a trampoline, climbing rope, push along cars, a make-believe kitchen, walls of toys, a baby and toddler room, a library room and a ping pong table. Outside there is playground equipment and right beside it is a little park with playground equipment.
Sakado Play Centre in photos:
Sakado Play Centre Access:
Four minute walk from KitaSakado Train Station on the Tobu Tojo Line.
Address : 23 Ashiyama cho, Sakado City (Map below Chocotea)
2 minutes by car from the School for the Deaf intersection on route 407. Parking for about 10 cars. If you are coming by car and would like to have a nice lunch in comfort and maybe a 3D Latte, Chocotea is a lovely little place nearby and they have parking too:
Other play areas and points of interest on the Tobu Tojo Line:
- Chic Cafe with garden and kids glamping play area | HIGASHIMATSUYAMA
- Meiji Chocolate Factory Tour | SAKADO
- 13 things to do in Saitama this October
- Omiya Park | SAITAMA CITY
- The Parks and Playgrounds of Saitama
- New branch of Kona’s Coffee opens | KAZO
- Rice Field Art and Ancient Lotus: Kodai Hasu No Sato | GYODA
- Kawagoe 3D Trick Art Museum | KAWAGOE
- Ishihara Mokkokan – cafe and retro showroom | KAWAGOE
- Musashi No Mura Amusement Park | KAZO