This year the central walkway that links the Blueberry Lodges to the village area, have the lights done like the Milky Way. Among the lights are windchimes and tanabata wishes written on prayer plaques.
Tokinosumika was the first place in the world to create a fountain performance using light and projection mapping, set to music. The show is held 3 times a night at weekends, twice on weekdays, beside the Bell of Love at the Big Bang Playground. This year the show started out like fireworks. At one point the water shoots 70 metres into the air.
There are night illumination displays in many other areas of the resort. My favourite view, which unfortunately I didn’t capture very well on my camera with my 1 year old vying for my attention, was the view of the Blueberry Lodges set behind the merry-go-round: You won’t read much about Tokinosumika in guide books in Japanese or English, as they have such a regular custom from loyal customers they have little need for print advertisement. Most of their custom comes from word of mouth. There is a range of accommodation available at Tokinosumika and such a broad choice of activities that there is something for everyone. For more detail please see the general blog post on it: Shizuoka, Gotemba. Family resort with Accommodation, Hot springs, Dining, Shopping, Sports and Much much more.
- Premium Outlets Santa Claus 2018｜GREATER TOKYO AREA
- Premium Outlets Santa Claus ｜GREATER TOKYO AREA
- Tokinosumika Night Illumination Summer 2016 | SHIZUOKA
- Peter Rabbit lodgings during Golden Week trip | SHIZUOKA
- UPDATED. A photo with Santa Claus ｜Premium Outlets
- Night Illumination COCOON CITY, Saitama-Shintoshin
- Shinrin Park Night illumination | NAMEGAWA
- The bell of love! Japan’s 2nd heaviest bell. Tokinosumika
- Teepees at Tokinosumika, Gotemba, Shizuoka
- Attractions in and near Gotemba | SHIZUOKA