Find out what’s on in Saitama this weekend with the best Saitama event list on the web. If its on in Saitama, its on insaitama.com!
Please see the grey “details box” at the bottom of each individual event for dates, hours, prices, location and external links.
Cherry Blossom Festival at Gongendo Park | SATTE
March 25, 2019 @ 09:00 – April 9, 2019 @ 16:00
Satte Cherry Blossom Festival –
The Satte Cherry Blossom Festival in Gongendo park is considered one of Saitama’s most famous Cherry blossom festivals and spots. There are about 1000 yoshino cherry blossom trees that stretch a kilometre along the riverbank. It is renowned because not only is there beautiful cherry blossom trees, but there are rapeseed flowers beside the sakura. It makes a beautiful contrast of colour and a scene of natural beauty.
At the festival, there is normally at least a dozen stalls, but usually more. They have night light up of the cherry blossom trees until 10 pm. Pets are allowed. The car park is open from 7 am to 10 pm.
The park and much of the flora have existed for many years, but the area was only officially made a park in 2011. The principal objective of the park is to maintain the natural beauty in the area. They have added some facilities too, to make it practical as well as beautiful. The playground is fairly new and a nice addition for kids.
English information page for Gongendo Park:
Please scroll down to the grey box for more details.
🌸If you are coming by train, check out Jyuman Goku Satte for some cherry blossom themed Japanese desserts near the station. They actually use extract from the cherry blossom for their cherry blossom pudding! 🌸
For more sakura and seasonal events in Saitama, please check out the main events calendar.
- Cherry Blossoms and Splash pool | TSURUGASHIMA
- Great playground in Beppunuma Park| KUMAGAYA
- Only one in the world: Saitama’s famous cherry blossom | KITAMOTO
- A map of Sakura Cherry Blossom Locations | SAITAMA
- Sayama Municipal Museum, Inariyama Park and Kome To Cha Cafe | SAYAMA
- Summer in Isanuma Park | Kawagoe
- Cherry Blossoms at Isanuma Park | Kawagoe
- Hidaka Sougou Park | HIDAKA
- Cherry blossom festival at Kitain Temple
- My guest post: Cherry Blossom Viewing in Tokyo | K-A International Mothers in Japan