Find out what’s on in Saitama this weekend with the best Saitama event list on the web. If its on in Saitama, its on insaitama.com!
**During the 2021 State of Emergency and Coronavirus Outbreak, events are subject to change and cancellation at a moment’s notice. Please do always check with the official website for any last minute changes or cancellations.**
- This event has passed.
Pear Picking in Higashimatsuyama 2020
September 1 @ 08:00 – October 18 @ 17:00
Higashimatsuyama is famous for pear picking. There are close to 20 pear farms in Higashimatsuyama of which about half offer picking. This event post shares information of the main pear picking farms in Higashimatsuyama.
Pear picking in Higashimatsuyama
Pear picking season starts in early September in Higashimatsuyama (Saitama, Japan). It generally lasts until at least early October, often mid October. The standard price is 500 yen admission fee to the pear farms and 500 yen per kilo of pears. Varieties include Kousui, Chojuro, Housui and Niitaka.
Most of the farms are located in the Higashidaira area of Higashimatsuyama, which is located close to main route 407 and commutable from the Tobu Tojo line Higashimatsuyama station too. A couple of the pear orchards are also close to Shinrinkoen station, also on the Tobu Tojo line. They are all mapped below. Most of the pear orchards not only have no website, they weren’t on Google maps either! I’ve added them by their co-ordinates on the map below.
①Yanagisawa Kyo Pear Orchard – phone: +81493230320
②Ueda Pear Orchard – phone: 0493-22-2591
③Nashiyasan A – phone: 090-4089-2681
❹Nashiyasan B – phone: 090-4089-2681
⑤Nashikko Farm – phone: 090-4810-1374
⑥Waku Waku Farm – phone: 0493-24-1131
⑦Yanagisawari Farm – phone: 090-9144-4551
❽Kato farm – phone: 0493-22-4277
⑨Kato pear orchard – phone: 0493-24-0567
With the Coronavirus situation, many things have changed. Please do phone in advance to make sure the farm is open the day you want to go and to get more specific directions to the orchard you want to go to. The Higashimatsuyama city official website also have them (and pear selling shops) mapped out here (click).
Things to do in Higashimatsuyama
How about a riverside barbecue after you pick your own pears? Kurakake BBQ area in Higashimatsuyama is a lovely place for river play and riverside barbecuing. It is also one of the most popular blog posts on In Saitama in 2020!
- Higashimatsuyama Agriculture Park and Heuvel Cafe
- Peace Museum of Saitama 2020 | HIGASHIMATSUYAMA
- Garden and Cafe Prunus | HIGASHIMATSUYAMA
- Yakyu Inari Shrine, the Baseball Shrine| Higashimatsuyama
- Botanen Playground | HIGASHIMATSUYAMA
September is also grape picking season in Saitama. Some of the vineyards didn’t open this year on account of the Coronavirus, but one of the most famous – in Tokorozawa – is open and season has began.
- September 1, 2020 @ 08:00
- October 18, 2020 @ 17:00
- Event Category:
- Fruit and Vegetable Picking
- Event Tags:
- Fruit and Vegetable Picking, Higashimatsuyama, Japan
Higashimatsuyma, Saitama 355-0028 Japan + Google Map 0493-22-0076
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
Events by their very nature are tentative. Please do check with the official sources for any last minute changes due to weather or other mitigating factors, particularly with the current Coronavirus outbreak.