Find out what’s on in Saitama this weekend with the best Saitama event list on the web. If its on in Saitama, its on insaitama.com!
Please see the grey “details box” at the bottom of each individual event for dates, hours, prices, location and external links.
- This event has passed.
Sakado outdoor pool at Sakado Sports Park
July 6, 2019 @ 09:30 - September 1, 2019 @ 18:00Yen1000
The Sakado outdoor pool is a small local seasonal outdoor water park in the Sakado Sports Park. For the 2019 season it will be open from Saturday July 6th to Sunday September 1st from 9.30 am to 6 pm. Last entry is at 5 pm.
July 6th, 11.51 pm : the pool did not open today as the pool temperature was too cold. They have said it is also unlikely that they will open tomorrow for the same reason.
Pools and Facilities
- 30 centimeter pool for infants and toddlers which has small slides and water fountains
- A wave pool that circles around two other pools
- A children’s pool (for older children) which is accessed via a bridge over the wave pool
- A slider pool, also accessed by bridge or from within the wave pool
- A 50 meter pool that graduates from 1.2 to 1.5 meters deep
- There is a water bouncy athletic on one section of the 50 meter pool which has an additional fee to enter
You can read about our experience with this pool here:
Sakado Outdoor Pool Information
Season: Saturday July 6th to Sunday September 1st
Hours: 9.30 am to 6 pm with last entry at 5 pm
Cost: 1000 yen for adults and 400 yen for children of school going age for anyone who lives outside the Rainbow Cities area. 500 yen for adults and 200 yen for anyone living in a Rainbow City.
Rainbow Cities: Sakado, Kawagoe, Kawajima, Tsurugashima, Hidaka, Moroyama and Ogose.
The nearest station is Kitasakado station on the Tobu Tojo Line. From there you need to get a bus bound for “Hachiman Danchi” and alight at 「勝呂小学校入口」. It takes about 20 minutes to the bus stop and it is a ten minute walk to the pools from there.
By car the nearest interchange is the Sakado Interchange on the Ken-o expressway. Map and contacts in the grey details box below.
Events by their very nature are tentative. Please do check with the official sources for any last minute changes due to weather or other mitigating factors.