Its that wonderful time of the year again when we can live without either heating or air conditioning. When spring is in the air, but summer is just around the corner. Golden Week is very aptly named ; between the weather and the events it really is a golden time of the year!
The entire population may very well get out and about at some point during Golden Week. And while traffic is bad and queues are inevitable, there is so much to make an outing worthwhile during this celebratory period. Here is a round up of some of the events and free entry locations available in Saitama this Golden Week 2017.
Free In Locations
(mapped below list)
- Shinrin Park in Namegawa is free in for children on April 29th, May 4th and 5th
- Ogawa Genki Plaza’s planetarium in Ogawa is free in on May 4th and 5th. They also have a children’s day festival (click here) on May 4th and 5th.
- Saitama Aquarium in Hanyu is free in for children on May 5th
- Saitama Prefectural Museum of History and Folklore in Omiya ward, Saitama is free in for children. They have a Children’s Museum Festival (click here) on May 5th.
- Museum of the Sakitama Ancient Burial Mounds in Gyoda is free in for children. They also have a number of events over Golden Week including a “dress up as the ancients” event (click here) on April 29th and May 3rd.
- Ranzan Historical Museum in Ranzan is free in for kids.
- Saitama Museum of Natural History in Nagatoro is free in for kids.
- Saitama Museum of Rivers in Yorii is free in for children. They also have a number of events planned including a robot event (click here).
- Momas: The Museum of Modern Art, Saitama in Urawa, Saitama City, is free in for kids.
- Chikozan Park Zoo is free in for children on May 5th.
Kids Events at the Center for Environmental Science in Saitama (CESS)
A number of events are planned over Golden Week at CESS. Each day of Golden week (April 29th, 30th, May 3rd, 4th and 5th) they are showing a film and have an orienteering event. Other special events include:
- On Saturday the 29th a chance for school aged children to make a simple electronic robot out of pet bottles: http://www.pref.saitama.lg.jp/cess/shiryo/gw-event/gw-01.html#higawari
- On Sunday the 30th they have a nature event from early morning. This event is free, but only available to the first 30 participants: http://www.pref.saitama.lg.jp/cess/shiryo/gw-event/gw-02.html#higawari
- On Thursday the 4th they have nature games: http://www.pref.saitama.lg.jp/cess/shiryo/gw-event/gw-04.html#higawari
- On Friday the 5th they have magnet craft and games: http://www.pref.saitama.lg.jp/cess/shiryo/gw-event/gw-05.html#higawari
Cardboard Town at Sakura Environmental Center | SAITAMA CITY
From April 29th to May 7th (except for Monday the 1st of May) you can enjoy a FREE cardboard exhibition for children at the Saitama City Sakura Environmental Center. Map and contact details in the â¦
The 8th Annual World Bonsai Convention | SAITAMA CITY
All media from the official website:Â Please scroll down to grey box for times, URLs, map and more details.
© Lynda Hogan and Saitama With Kids, 2008-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Lynda Hogan and Saitama With Kids with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.