The event is officially called “How to enjoy a Scandinavian Christmas”, but essentially this event is a Christmas market in the beautiful Honjo Brick Warehouse.
Honjo Brick Warehouse is an event space in an old, renovated warehouse, much like a mini version of the famous redbrick warehouse in Yokohama! The Scandinavian (Nordic) Christmas event will be on in the warehouse on Saturday December 16th and Sunday December 17th. On the Saturday there is also a free Christmas concert. On the Sunday there is also a music event, suitable to all ages. The event includes:
- Christmas market selling things such as Santa shaped cookies, Christmas ornaments and Christmas flowers.
- Workshops (Christmas decoration and garlands)
- Demonstration of the table layout for a traditional Christmas Dinner
- Christmas concert for charity on Saturday, from 1 pm. However, it is limited to the first 70 people. In addition, it costs 1500 yen (per adult) for a ticket bought on the day, 1000 yen if bought in advance. Given the limited number of places, there may not be any tickets left on the day.
- There is a rhythmic event for children, as young as a few months old, on the Sunday. It costs 500 yen per child older than one years old.
>>There is also another Christmas Market in Honjo on the same dates:
Honjo Brick Warehouse
The Honjo Brick Warehouse, also sometimes called the Old Brick Warehouse of the Commercial Bank of Honjo, was built in 1896. At the time sericulture was thriving in the area. The warehouse was built to store raw silk and cocoons. It is a national tangible cultural heritage of Japan. Nearby there are additional fascinating, and completely off the beaten path, gems in Honjo.
Event: How to enjoy a North Pole Christmas 北欧クリスマスの楽しみ方
Dates: Saturday December 16th and Sunday December 17th 2023.
Time: 10 am to 5 pm on Saturday and until 4 pm on Sunday
Cost: there is no cover charge to enter the brick warehouse. See above for individual prices.
Venue: Honjo Brick Warehouse, 1 Chome-5-16 Ginza, Honjo, Saitama 367-0052. View on Google Maps.
About an eight minute walk from Honjo Station on the JR Takasaki line. There is parking for 14 cars right by the warehouse and 26 additional nearby.