Maruyama park is frequently listed in Saitama’s top 3 list of parks. It is personally one of my favourites. I love that although the park isn’t massive, there is so much to do and see that you can spend a full day there. I particularly like that they have swings that toddlers can sit into with back and stomach support, which is a rarity in this area of Saitama. The facilities and attractions in the park, even the zoo corner, are completely free. Another benefit for families with young children is that the (free) parking is off road and right beside the toddler friendly playground. The only downside is that unless you drive, access is a bit difficult. There is a bus from Ageo station (details below), but it is infrequent and often packed.
It is very pretty in the Spring, first with plum blossoms then with cherry blossoms. It is a popular place to do “Hanami” (Flower viewing picnic). In summer the wading streams, fireflies and beetles draw families from afar. In Autumn many photographers come to capture the leaves vibrant colours. You can collect acorns in early winter. On a rainy day you can enjoy free access to the nature education hall. The activities you can enjoy all year round are listed below.
- Lake, pond and other water features
- A small “zoo” with petting hour
- 23 metre roller slide
- Adventure playground
- Climbing wall
- Large cement slide
- BBQ Area
- Firefly dome
- Nature Education Hall
- ☆Toilets in 3 different locations, each with a special needs toilet with changing mat
- ☆Water drinking fountains
- ☆Taps for washing your feet beside the wading river and ones for washing your hands in the petting zoo area
- ☆A small shop that is open on weekends and holidays
- The park is open permanently
- The zoo corner is open from 9am to 4pm; closed on Tuesdays
- Petting hour is Wednesday through Sunday from 10 to 11am and 13.30 to 14.30 on Saturdays and holidays. In Winter (Dec through Feb) it is from 13.30 to 14.30 Wednesday through Sunday.
- Free Parking for 500 cars
3326 Hirakata, Ageo, Saitama Prefecture, Japan
From JR Ageo Station;
Tobu bus for terminal “Maruyama Park”; West Exit No. 6 bus
City bus “Gurutto-kun” for hirakata-zyunkan; West Exit. Alight at “Maruyama Koen
Minamiguchi” bus stop or “Shizen gakusyu-kan iriguchi” bus stop
You might also like
- Meru chan and pedal cars at Namco Asobi Park | AGEO
Namco Asobi Park – Namco may still be best known as a game developer, but ...
- >60 Privately Run Indoor Play / Fun / Amusement Centers in Saitama
Indoor Play Center Saitama – A list of 65 of the Play / Fun / ...
- Niko Niko Garden Renewal Open in Festa | AGEO
Value Plaza Ageo is an old style department store and walking into it you’d be forgiven ...
- Summer pools at Saitama Water Park | AGEO
*From our Facebook page Saitama With Kids*
This Saturday one of the many summer water ...
- Family and kid play area【Spo-cha】in Round1 Stadium｜Ageo
Spocha, Ageo – I’ve been talking favourites on the Facebook page this week and today’s ...
© Lynda Hogan and Saitama With Kids, 2008-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Lynda Hogan and Saitama With Kids with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Unless stated otherwise, all thoughts, opinions and images on this blog are my own. I do not receive any remuneration, discounts or rewards, acknowledgement or gratification, from any of the locations mentioned on this blog. I share the information in the hope it is useful or beneficial to others. Please share so that others might find it useful too. Thank you.