Five years ago when I wrote about the unusual “only in Japan” places you could meet Santa, there were really only three. One of which was the “Find Santa” event in Tokorozawa. That event thankfully still exists, but since then dozens of other unique Santa events have emerged. Once upon a time there were only a handful of places you could see or meet Santa in Japan, now there is such a choice it is hard to select just one!
I usually write about events in the event section of this blog, but as the Find Santa in event is one of Saitama’s oldest and now one of the biggest I wanted to republish the information on the main blog pages.
The Santa Parade event is a really fun day out for families. Not only can you see over 200 Santa parading the streets, you can also play bingo with the Santa and enjoy live dance and music. The latter includes some Gospel choirs and there is plenty of Christmas spirit and song.
The event used to be held in the Tokorozawa Aviation Memorial Park, but now it is held in the Motomachi area. This year, 2018, it will be held on December 8th from 11 am to 4 pm, weather permitting. It will most likely go ahead in the event of light rain, but maybe cancelled if there is snow or heavy rain. You can check on the official website (Japanese language only) for updates.
The location is near to both Tokorozawa and Koku Koen Stations on the Seibu Shinjuku Line. Map:
If you would prefer a meet and greet Santa event you will find many on the main event pages.
Other Santa in Tokorozawa:
Another Santa Parade for kids in Saitama
Things to do in Tokorozawa
- Tokorozawa Aviation Museum | TOKOROZAWA
- Only in Japan: the Tokorozawa Santa parade
- Tokorozawa Aviation Memorial Park | TOKOROZAWA
- Visiting Totoro at the house of Kurosuke | TOKOROZAWA
- The Homeland of Totoro on Tokyo Border @ Sayama Hills | TOKOROZAWA
- Snow Kingdom @ Seibu Amusement Park | TOKOROZAWA
- Seibu Amusement Park Winter Illumination | TOKOROZAWA
- Sayama Ski Resort | TOKOROZAWA
- Summer Water Park at Seibu Amusement Park | TOKOROZAWA