The Kawajima Branch of Tsutaya is a small to medium branch. The staff are extremely helpful, friendly and brilliant with kids. When you visit with children, they often give you free colouring pages or out of season campaign goods. They have a great selection of magazines, a moderate selection of books, a fair choice of stationery, a reasonable selection of toys, a sizeable selection of rental CDs and DVDs, but only a small selection of CDs and DVDs to buy. The kids corner is very nice and my kids really enoy it there. It has been extended in the renovation with new indoor climbing frames with slides. They don’t mind kids making a mess of the books and you can spend as much as you like there (within opening hours). The renewal opening also brought with it a small adult only DVD area. Its tucked away in the corner out of sight, but only a curtain separates it from the main section. If your kids are like mine, a curtain might intrigue them, but thankfully the children’s selection isn’t near the corner. They currently have a nice Halloween display with a good choice of Japanese Halloween books and a Halloween Tree!
The store is located on route 254 close to the Kawajima Interchange of the Ken-O expressway heading towards Kawagoe. There is a Starbucks coffee shop across the car park from it. They hold an event together every 3rd Sunday of the month at 3 pm. Parents can enjoy a Starbuck‘s coffee while the kids enjoy storytelling. Parking is free. Hours are 9 am to 11 pm, but there is a drop box for leaving back rented goods out of hours.
- Events and Freebies during Golden Week | SAITAMA
- Setsubun: catching beans for good luck at Kitain Temple | KAWAGOE
- Mt Takao with children (includes New Years data) | HACHIOJI 【TOKYO】
- The Santa Claus Round Up 2016 | SAITAMA
- Round up of Halloween Events 2016 | SAITAMA
- (Meeting Saitama’s most famous cartoon character at) TSUTAYA | KAWAJIMA
- Halloween 2016 Event Round Up | CHIBA
- Fireworks and Festivals on August 7th in SAITAMA
- Fireworks and Festivals In Saitama August 6th 2016
- Award Winning, Intangible Asset “Suneori Amagoi”, Rain Praying Festival | TSURUGASHIMA