In the spirit of play-a-day, or basically trying something new everyday, I brought my daughters to a different prefectural paid and run Children’s Community Centre today. It had lots of fun things for the kids to do, but 2yo was most excited by the giant inflatable roller or zorb as I believe it’s called.
Sakado Play Centre Planetarium
This is at Sakado Children’s Community Centre. Sakado Children’s Community Centre is most famous for its planetarium. It’s 10 metre dome is part of Ohira Tech’s research facilities. They are conducting next generation application research which people can enjoy at Sakado before they become available elsewhere. We are saving the Planetarium for another visit when 3yo son can come.
Sakado Play Centre Facilities
Other facilities in the centre include a trampoline, climbing rope, push along cars, a make-believe kitchen, walls of toys, a baby and toddler room, a library room and a ping pong table. Outside there is playground equipment and right beside it is a little park with playground equipment.
Sakado Play Centre in photos:
Sakado Play Centre Access:
Four minute walk from KitaSakado Train Station on the Tobu Tojo Line.
Address : 23 Ashiyama cho, Sakado City (Map below Chocotea)
2 minutes by car from the School for the Deaf intersection on route 407. Parking for about 10 cars. If you are coming by car and would like to have a nice lunch in comfort and maybe a 3D Latte, Chocotea is a lovely little place nearby and they have parking too:
Other play areas and points of interest on the Tobu Tojo Line:
- Huge branch of Kid’s US Land beside station | FUJIMINO
- Katsusehara Memorial Park: enclosed playground close to station | FUJIMI
- Aruzo Land: Free play center in a Real Estate Agency | HIGASHIMATSUYAMA
- Naritasan Temple (& Rilakkuma amulets) | KAWAGOE
- Last day of summer food treats, dentist and cat cafe | KAWAGOE
- Kawagoe Station East Exit Children’s Centre | KAWAGOE
- Yakyu Inari Shrine, the Baseball Shrine| Higashimatsuyama
- Sole ソーレ children’s play centre | HIGASHIMATSUYAMA
- Santa is back
- 紅葉 Autumn leaves at Mizohata Park, Sakado
You might also like
- Surprisingly interesting School Lunch History Hall | KITAMOTO
School Lunch Japan – The School Lunch History Hall in Kitamoto although small is a ...
- Events and Freebies Golden Week 2017 | SAITAMA
Its that wonderful time of the year again when we can live without either heating ...
- Setsubun: catching beans for good luck at Kitain Temple | KAWAGOE
February 3rd is Setsubun in Japan, which marks the end of winter. People celebrate annually ...
- Mt Takao with children (includes New Years data) | HACHIOJI 【TOKYO】
Mt Takao with children – The first ...
- The Santa Claus Round Up 2016 | SAITAMA
All of the Santa meet and greet spots included in the above ...
© Lynda Hogan and Saitama With Kids, 2008-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Lynda Hogan and Saitama With Kids with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Unless stated otherwise, all thoughts, opinions and images on this blog are my own. I do not receive any remuneration, discounts or rewards, acknowledgement or gratification, from any of the locations mentioned on this blog. I share the information in the hope it is useful or beneficial to others. Please share so that others might find it useful too. Thank you.