Sakado Play Centre and Planetarium
In the spirit of play-a-day, or basically trying something new everyday, I brought my daughters to a different prefectural paid and run Children’s Community Centre today. It had lots of fun things for the kids to do, but 2yo was most excited by the giant inflatable roller or zorb as I believe it’s called.
Sakado Play Centre Planetarium
This is at Sakado Children’s Community Centre. Sakado Children’s Community Centre is most famous for its planetarium. It’s 10 metre dome is part of Ohira Tech’s research facilities. They are conducting next generation application research which people can enjoy at Sakado before they become available elsewhere. We are saving the Planetarium for another visit when 3yo son can come.
Other facilities in the centre include a trampoline, climbing rope, push along cars, a make-believe kitchen, walls of toys, a baby and toddler room, a library room and a ping pong table. Outside there is playground equipment and right beside it is a little park with playground equipment.
Sakado Play Centre in photos:
Four minute walk from KitaSakado Train Station on the Tobu Tojo Line.
Address : 23 Ashiyama cho, Sakado City (Map below Chocotea)
2 minutes by car from the School for the Deaf intersection on route 407. Parking for about 10 cars. If you are coming by car and would like to have a nice lunch in comfort and maybe a 3D Latte, Chocotea is a lovely little place nearby and they have parking too:
Other play areas and points of interest on the Tobu Tojo Line:
- Award winning spa resort in Rugby Town Kumagaya
- Peace Museum of Saitama | HIGASHIMATSUYAMA
- Afternoon Tea at Tea Berry | Kawagoe
- Organic Cafe Mozart Branch School | OGAWA
- Comoriver Tokitama Himitsu Kichi| TOKIGAWA
- Center for Environmental Science in Saitama ~ CESS
- Event List – September 12th to 16th
- Kawagoe Hikawa Shrine by night in 2019
- Denjiro Science Show in 2019
- Botanen Playground | HIGASHIMATSUYAMA
Click here for more play centres in Saitama.