Saitama Summer Pools 2022 – where is open and where is not. Plus a map of Saitama’s outdoor seasonal pools.
The information is accurate, to the best of my knowledge, as of the last update on July 2nd 2022. However, all seasonal events and facilities can and have been influenced by the situation with the pandemic. For example, in 2021, the four prefectural pools all planned to open. They had hired seasonal staff and made all the preparations to open at the end of July. They had even sold advance entry tickets. Then Saitama Prefecture announced a State of Emergency for Saitama and none of the prefectural, and few of the municipal, pools opened in the end.
Summer Pools that are closed in 2022
First up, the pools that closed permanently in 2021/2022:
- In case you missed the news earlier in the year: the main Saitama Prefectural pool in Ageo closed permanently this year. They had a commemorative event in December 2021 and now it is completely off limits. The Ageo Undo Park in which it was located is still open though, just the pools are closed.
- Unfortunately, the prefectural aqua park was not the only popular pool to close permanently. Fujimi Garden Beach also closed its doors permanently in 2021.
- Owada Family pools in Niiza also closed their doors permanently earlier this year. Last year, they had said they were closing them for renovations (and the pandemic). However, after much deliberation they decided earlier this year to completely demolish the current facilities. They are planning to rebuild, in a separate area from my understanding, but that will take a few years. The latest on this plan from Niiza City from April 2022.
- On May 23rd Kumagaya City posted to say that the outdoor pool at Kumagaya Sakura Undo Koen would “cease to operate” from this year due to the old age (50+ years) of the pools.
And pools that are closed long term:
- Kawaguchi Green Center posted last year, 2021, to say that due to the old age of their pools they are closed indefinitely. They had closed in 2020 due to the pandemic. They mention nothing of a permanent closure nor of an upgrade, just that they are closed long term.
- Sakado Outdoor Pools / Aqua park. According to the official Sakado City website, the seasonal outdoor pools are undergoing renovations and will not open in 2022. They also didn’t open in 2021 for the same reason.
Pools / Aqua Parks that are not opening in 2022:
- Chichibu Muse Park posted on May 20th to say the pools will not be open again this year.
- Hatsukari Park in Kawagoe will not open their outdoor pool in 2022.
- Kuki City summer pool will not open in 2022.
Pools that are planning to open in 2022
Several pools had planned to open in 2021, they had even started selling dated tickets in advance. However, once the State of Emergency (SOE) was announced, several couldn’t open. They refunded all the money. These pools are once again planning to open in 2022. Update July 2nd 2022: You need to buy a ticket in advance from 7-11 to enter the three prefectural pools, there will be no tickets sold at the venues.
🏊Shirakobato Water Park
2022 specific: you need to buy a ticket in advance from 7-11 and enter after the time allocated on your ticket. Tickets for a given date go on sale at 1 pm, seven days before. For example, July 16th tickets will be sold from 1 pm on July 9th etc
Address: 985 Osogawa, Koshigaya, Saitama Prefecture 343-0802 Japan.
Season: July 16th to 18th, July 23rd to August 28th 2022.
Hours: 9 am to 5 pm in a normal year, not confirmed for 2022 yet.
Cost: 730 yen for adults, 210 yen for children over 6 years old. 840 yen for parking, which also can be purchased at 7-11.
🏊Kawagoe Aquatic Park
2022 specific: you need to buy a ticket in advance from 7-11 and enter after the time allocated on your ticket. Tickets for a given date go on sale at 1 pm, seven days before. For example, July 16th tickets will be sold from 1 pm on July 9th etc etc
Address: 880 Ikenobe, Kawagoe, Saitama 350-1171
Season: July 16th to 18th, July 23rd to August 28th 2022
Hours: 10 am to 5 pm
Cost: 730 yen for adults, 210 yen for children
🏊Kazo Hanasaki Water Park
2022 specific: you need to buy a ticket in advance from 7-11 and enter after the time allocated on your ticket. Tickets for a given date go on sale at 1 pm, seven days before. For example, July 16th tickets will be sold from 1pm on July 9th etc etc
Address: 1722 Mizubuka, Kazo, Saitama
Season: July 16th to 18th, July 23rd to August 28th 2022
Hours: allocated by ticket
Cost: 730 yen per adult, 210 yen for children over 6 years old
🏊Tobu Super Pool
2022 specific: you need to purchase a dated ticket in advance, no tickets at the gate.
Address: 110 Suka, Miyashiro, Minamisaitama-gun, Saitama 345-0831
Season: Open on weekends and public holidays only from July 2nd and then daily from July 30th to August 31st. It will also open on September 3rd and 4th.
Hours: 9.30 am to 5 pm
Cost: 3,100 yen for adults, 1,500 yen for kids
2022 specific: purchase tickets in advance.
Address: 2964 Yamaguchi, Tokorozawa, Saitama 359-1145
Season: from Saturday July 15th. Currently, July 2nd 2022, the night pools are not scheduled.
Hours: 2021 information: 9 am to 5 pm, to 7 pm on the dates the night pool is on, if it is on.
Cost: 2,900 yen for adults, 1,900 yen for adults and seniors
🏊 Numakage Park Summer pool
2022 specific: they will only open in August this year and you must purchase a ticket in advance. They are only letting in 860 people daily.
Address: 2 Chome-7-35 Numakage, Minami Ward, Saitama, 336-0027
Season: August 1st to 31st
Hours: from 9 am daily. It will close at 5.30 pm from August 1st to August 14th and at 5 pm from August 15th to 31st
Cost: 440 yen per adult, 220 yen per child. Preschoolers can enter for free.
🏊 New Sunpia Hotel Pools
In 2021, they operated as first come, first served and only allowed 1200 people in per day. However, there is currently no guidance to that effect for 2022.
Address: 700 Furuike, Ogose, Iruma District, Saitama 350-0401
Season: due to the hot weather the hotel decided to open the pools earlier than originally planned. They opened today July 2nd and will open on weekends only until July 16th. From July 16th they will open daily until August 29th (weather permitting).
Hours: In 2022, from 10 am to 5 pm, in a normal year its from 9 am.
Cost: 1200 for adults, 600 yen for children
Official Facebook page
🏊Musashino Mura Children’s Pools
In 2022, as in 2021, they will operate two “sessions” as a way to curb the spread of Covid. They have a morning session and an afternoon session. Only a certain amount of customers will be allowed to use the pool per session. Between noon and 1.30 pm the pools will be closed for disinfecting.
Address: 1700-1 Shidami, Kazo, Saitama 347-0042
Season: July 16th to August 28th
Hours: Morning session – 10 am to noon. Afternoon session – 1.30 to 3.30 pm
Cost: Entrance fee to the amusement park is 2400 yen for adults, 2000 yen for children 3 years old or over. You need to get a separate ticket to enter the pools and they are only distributing a limited number each day. They are distributed from the central gate ticket office.
Pools that are open to residents only in 2022
🏊Mizonuma Kids Pool
2022 Details: Split into two sessions – morning and afternoon. Just like last year they are limiting the numbers of visitors. However, this year its a lot more – in 2021 it was 100 visitors per session, but this year it is 300 visitors per session. Furthermore, only open to residents of Asaka. In 2021, you had to book in advance for the weekends, but at the moment there is no mention of that for 2022.
Address: 1043 Mizonuma, Asaka, Saitama 351-0023
Season: July 9th to September 4th
Hours: 9.30 am to 5 pm
Cost: 200 yen for adults, 100 yen for kids 6 years old or older
- Toda Summer Pools at Kodomo no Kuni are also open, with a lot of conditions, this year. Official web page for the pools. And Kodomo no Kuni official website.
- Owada Park Pool in Saitama City will open in August only.
- Mihashi Park pool, also in Saitama City, will open in August only.
- Waseda Park Pool in Misato City will open, with conditions, in August only.
Visiting summer pools during the pandemic
A summary of the guidelines for pool use in 2021. Presumably it will be the same or similar in 2022. If I can I will update this for 2022 when the information becomes available, but I go on holidays soon, so no guarantees! You can always check the official sites for the most recent information. Also, due to the fluid situation with the pandemic, there is always a chance of a last minute closure of pools, as happened in 2021, so please do always check with the official site.
- Temperatures will be taken at the gate. They will not allow people with a temperature above 37.5 ° C to enter the park.
- They ask that you maintain social distancing when lining up to use the facilities
- Please refrain from using the pool if it is crowded. Moreover, you maybe asked by staff to move on if they deem the pool is too full.
- The prefectural pools (Kawagoe, Hanasaki and Shirakobato) request that you keep a distance of 2 m or more from other users in the open space for pop up tents and blue sheets.
- Please wear a mask at all times. *This will presumably change*.
- Please come with your bathing suit on under your clothes to prevent the changing rooms from becoming crowded.
- Alcohol is prohibited.
>>Saitama Pools ・ Seasonal Pools ・Outdoor Pools・ Aqua parks <<
Visiting one of Saitama’s outdoor summer pools is a fun way to cool down in the ridiculously high summer temperatures. Do you go to aqua parks or outdoor pools during the summer? Any you would like to recommend?