In the 20th episode of the second season of the anime Yama no Susume, “Climb of Encouragement“, you can see a beautiful park with quirky buildings, that looks completely fictional. Fortunately, for all of us, it’s an actual park in the rural area of Hanno, right beside Tokyo. The park is called Akebono no Mori or “Akebono’s forest“, but it is also called Moomin Valley due to it’s connection with the Moomin characters. You can find more about that as well as general information about the park here on one of the first posts written in English about the park: http://insaitama.com/moomin-valley-akebono-forest-in-hanno-city/. Here are some scenes from the anime, with a real life photo for comparison.
There are other scenes from the anime within walking distance of Akebono’s Forest. I even found a map online of the route you can take to see them all. Unfortunately, it is in Japanese only.
You can find other scenes with information in English on this blog here: https://ramenshojo.wordpress.com/tag/yama-no-susume/ You can rent season 2 of Climb of Encouragement on Amazon video. This is an affiliate link**. Don’t forget to check out http://insaitama.com/moomin-valley-akebono-forest-in-hanno-city/ if you want information in English on how to get to Moomin Valley. (Originally posted on Blogger) Thanks for viewing, leave a comment if you have the time. 🙂As of June 9th 2017 Insaitama.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.co.jp
- Fireworks and Festivals In Saitama August 6th 2016
- Attractions in Tokyo that have FREE entry days during Golden Week
- Kamiya Park Play&Sports ground + Skateboarding | Kounosu
- Nogeyama Zoo | Free Yokohama
- Santa IS coming to Saitama!
- Visit real life scenery from Yama no Susume “Climb of Encouragement” Anime in Hanno, Saitama
- Imperial Palace gardens in Autumn | Tokyo, Japan
- Special Tomica ・ Plarail Event
- Halloween costume contest with prizes, in Kitamoto
- Koedo Kurari Character Festival Halloween event