Cherry blossom viewing, or hanami in Japanese, is one of the highlights of Spring in Japan. There are some wonderful places to view cherry blossoms throughout Japan, but when you have children it is nice to visit a family orientated location. Kitamoto Children’s park in Saitama is just that.
Kitamoto Children’s park is only 70 minutes from Tokyo by car and it is free in with free parking. There is something for kids of all ages at this park and lots of places to picnic under the blossoms or at least in view of them. Below are just a few images taken with my phone (2013). This is the area by the toddler playground, where we had our picnic on the grass with the flying carp for boys day in view!
For more detailed information on this park in English please see the linked blog post Kitamoto Children’s Park. Another seasonal attraction of this park is the paddling pool that is available during the summer.
- Hanami spot with toddlers; Enomoto Farm, Ageo
- Cherry Blossom Season: Japan’s Top Three Hot Spots for Hanami (en.rocketnews24.com)
- Blossoming beauty in Hirosaki (roykechu.wordpress.com)
- Hanami spot with toddlers; Maruyama Park, Ageo
You might also like
- Cherry blossoms and Swimming School | HIGASHIMATSUYAMA
Beautiful cherry trees + cleanest pool water in Saitama
- Katsusehara Memorial Park: enclosed playground close to station | FUJIMI
Katsusehara Memorial park in Fujimi is a ...
- A map of Sakura Cherry Blossom Locations | SAITAMA
A map of most of the key locations for hanami and / ...
- Mt Takao with children (includes New Years data) | HACHIOJI 【TOKYO】
Mt Takao with children – The first ...
- Cherry Blossoms Shingashi River | Kawagoe
Cherry Blossoms Shingashi River – Kawagoe is just 31 minutes from Ikebukuro, Tokyo, on the Tobu ...
© Lynda Hogan and Saitama With Kids, 2008-2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Lynda Hogan and Saitama With Kids with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Unless stated otherwise, all thoughts, opinions and images on this blog are my own. I do not receive any remuneration, discounts or rewards, acknowledgement or gratification, from any of the locations mentioned on this blog. I share the information in the hope it is useful or beneficial to others. Please share so that others might find it useful too. Thank you.