Information for the Fly me To [the] Saitama (Tonde Saitama) exhibition at the EJ Anime Museum in Kadokawa Culture Museum in the Autumn of 2023.
A special Fly me to [the] Saitama exhibition will start on Saitama Citizen’s Day at Kadokawa Culture Museum in Tokorozawa Sakura Town. The curious sub-heading is “To everyone in Saitama, I am sorry for making an exhibition”. This exhibition is in celebration of the second installment of the Tonde Saitama Movies, which will be released on November 23rd 2023. The exhibition is at the EJ Anime Museum on the 3rd floor of the Kadokawa Culture Museum*. Tickets are already on sale; see the information section at the bottom of the post for links.
*Kadokawa Culture Museum is also called Kadcul for short or Kadokawa Musashino Museum.
Fly me to [the] Saitama, Tonde Saitama
“An unexpected exhibition of the epic farce that took the whole world by storm!”EJ Anime Museum
Their words, not mine! To commemorate the release of the movie “Fly to Saitama ~From Lake Biwa with Love~”, “Fly me to Saitama Exhibition – Everyone in Saitama, I’m sorry for making an exhibition. -” will be held in the sacred place of Saitama! Under the direction of the theater art team, in addition to exhibiting a large number of huge art sets and accessories that appeared in the movie, they will be selling original goods.
>>If you are a fan of the movies, don’t miss this amazing 3D Rice art depiction in Gyoda (until the last week of November approximately).
EJ Anime Museum
The EJ Anime Museum opened at the Kadokawa Culture Museum (Kadcul) of Tokorozawa Sakura Town on November 6th 2020. It is just one of dozens of event and entertainment spaces in Kadcul. EJ Anime Museum is located on the 3rd floor of the Kadokawa Culture Museum. EJ stands for Entertainment Japan. There was also an EJ Anime Hotel at Tokorozawa Sakura Town from October 1st 2020 to May 31st 2023.
A floor by floor guide of Kadcul:
There are always several different events running at Sakura Town. Other events on when the exhibition opens include (but are not limited to):
- An unveiling Tutankhamen exhibition at the Grand Gallery.
- There is also another Egyptian themed exhibition at the Edit and Art Gallery.
- There is a permanent outdoor Teamlab exhibition.
- Weekend events at Tokorozawa Sakura Town.
Exhibition: Fly me to Saitama Exhibition – I’m sorry for making an exhibiton. 翔んで埼玉展 -埼玉の皆様、展覧会を作ってゴメンなさい。-
Dates: from Saitama Day, Tuesday November 14th 2023 to Sunday January 14th 2024.
Hours: The museum is open from 10 am to 6 pm daily. However, the museum closes on the first, third and fifth Tuesday of each month (unless it is a national holiday and they open).
Cost: Tickets cost 1300 yen. But if you want a ticket that comes with a commemorative gift, it costs 3300 yen. Advance tickets can be purchased here.
Contact: The phone number of Kadcul is 0570-017-396. Generally, they man the phone from 2 pm to 5 pm on weekdays only. Kadokawa Musashino Museum official website.
Venue: EJ Anime Museum, 3rd Floor Kadokawa Culture Museum, 3-31-3 Tokorozawa, Higashi Tokorozawa Wada, Saitama, 〒359-0023, Japan. View on Google Maps.
The EJ Anime Museum is a ten minute walk from Higashi Tokorozawa station. Keep an eye out for the LED Manhole Covers on the walk! Parking is also available – it costs 200 yen for 30 minutes, but capped at 600 yen on weekdays and 1800 yen on weekends. It is a ticket less parking lot.
The images were taken from the Kadokawa Corporation website.
Previous exhibitions at the EJ Anime Museum on the 3rd floor of Kadcul included
- Dengeki Bunko 30th anniversary exhibition from Saturday September 16th to Sunday November 5th 2023
- Hatsune Miku Exhibition from Saturday August 5th to Sunday September 10th 2023.
- Baki the Grappler from Saturday May 27th to Sunday July 9th 2023.
- Bungo Stray Dogs from March 31st to May 7th 2023.
- Love Love Snoopy from February 11th to March 26th 2023.
- Marvel Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N from October 8th 2022 to January 29th 2023.
- Thomas and Friends Steam Adventure from July 16th to September 25th 2022.
- Rilakkuma and Sumikkogurashi Festival from mid April to mid May 2022.
- Gundam The Origin from January 22nd to March 21st 2022
- Also Marvel Studios Universe of Heroes from October 2021 to January 3rd 2022
- Trigger and Good Smile summer of 2021.
- Thomas the Tank Engine in spring of 2021. (ej-anime-museum-kadcul-thomas)
- The very first exhibtion: Newtype Anime Chronicle (ej-anime-museum-kadcul)
R221003 R230129 R230507 R230911 R231105